CareersCreative Element is currently seeking a full-time PRODUCTION ARTIST.
POSITION TITLE: Production Artist
Creative Element is looking for a production artist who will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of the various roles in developing graphic design projects. The role of a production artist will be supporting designers who work across digital and print design, branding, brochures, direct mail, logos, newsletters, website design and more. Your role will be to take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication. To be successful in this position, you should combine strong creative and technical skills to format various images and illustrations. You should have an eye for detail and project management experience. Ultimately, you will ensure our print and digital designs meet high quality standards.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication
- Manage creative projects, ensuring they meet clients’ requirements
- Producing different layouts, arrangements, and sizes across various media based on the existing and established artwork
- Typical work will consist of designing flyers, labeling various graphical pieces, producing different sizes of artwork for everything from signage to social media, populating long-format pieces, and building forms for mailers
- Effectively meet budget and time constraints; use project management software (Trello) to establish and maintain schedules and deadlines
To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Possess working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Manage pre-press process for print files with a working knowledge of how to export files for digital and print and an understanding of color spaces (RGB vs CMYK).
- Be comfortable with technology (Trello, Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox Slack, Zoom).
- Keep up-to-date with trends in graphic design techniques and software
- Possess excellent time-management skills. You should be able to juggle multiple tasks and aggressive daily deadlines with minimal supervision and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Maintain client confidentiality, understanding the reason for it and the responsibility of it.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- Proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed graphic designs and creative projects
- Hands-on experience with graphic design software and image editing tools
- An ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Creativity skills with attention to detail